[K12OSN] MythTV and K12LTSP

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 25 21:41:36 UTC 2007

> I was checking out what VIA has to offer for its C7
> (http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/mainboards/via_c7) and notice
> some fanless cpu/mb combinations. Just wondering what lead you to chose
> the VB7001G (which does use a cooling fan)?

Poor research :-/.

I bought it when it was pretty new, and my initial
research seemed to suggest it was fanless (I got a Molex case, and run
it without the case fans, and it doesn't have heat problems, and it's
noise level is extremely modest).

I guess I was swayed by the whole 'carbon-neutral' branding; I was really
going for the lowest wattage system I thought would be able to drive MythTV.

Cheers,

Jeremy