Re: [K12OSN] OT: easy way to move "documents and settings" folder?

right-click 'start', click 'explore', click on 'Desktop' in the left window pane, right-click 'My Documents', click 'properties', the Target tab should be showing...the 1 field there shows the target path of the My Documents folder...with the 'move...' button directly below that field you can edit the field and move the location.

--Huck

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:22:49 -0400, Rob Owens wrote
I know some of the guys on this list have implemented roaming profiles
using samba--maybe that knowledge can help me w/ my windows problem.  I
want to move the "documents and settings" folder on our windows terminal
server to a new drive.  The instructions I've found on microsoft's
website include a step which requires you to edit every registry entry
that contains the path c:\documents and settings.  I looked through my
registry and stopped counting when I hit 500 occurrences of this path.
Is there an easier way?

Sorry for the Windows question, but it's all part of my long-term plan
to put Linux on the desktop.

-Rob

It has been a while, but can't you right click the My Documents folder and then
somewhere in properties select move and then your new location.  I know I have done this
in the past to move My Document storage out to a central server.  If nothing else pursue
correct directions for that, it is way quicker than the registry method.

Jim