[K12OSN] Re: thin client fonts

I made it work by
1) adding fonts to /etc/X11/fs/config
2) changing /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf to enable XFS
3) /sbin/service xfs start

On 9/18/07, Bruce Anderson <bruce g anderson gmail com> wrote:
How do thin clients derive their fonts?  I am trying again to get mathematica fonts working.
I have experimented with enabling xfs.
I have experimented with Sectiion "Files" in several different xorg.conf files.
Does xset -q tell the truth on thin clients?
xset fp+ executed on a thin client doesn't seem to change anything.
Is it a problem that my thin clients don't recognize my video chipset and default to slow vesa driver?  It seems to work OK.

When I work on my ltsp server, everything works fine.
When I work on one of my thin clients, I get:
[bruce server ~]$ mathematica
xset:  bad font path element (#68), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

--
Bruce Anderson