[K12OSN] sambaSamAccount SOLVED

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 01:42:33 UTC 2008

I got suspicious  when this problem  (missing sambasamaccount for
newly created machine accounts) happened again on another smbldap
server.  I'm not sure it the smbldap-installer omitted this or I did,
but this addition to /etc/ldap.conf did the trick for me:

nss_base_passwd ou=Computers,dc=domain,dc=org?one

I thought that this wasn't needed because the machine accounts were
stored in the Users container.  guess not.

Peter