[K12OSN] Sugar desktop.

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Mon Aug 25 13:30:21 UTC 2008

David Farning wrote:

> Seriously, the question of what can we do to use technology to help kids
> learn is still open.

One of the things that specifically concerns LTSP use is the way the
software uses RAM.  I'm not an expert, but I've heard it mentioned on
this list many times that Firefox, for instance, does not share RAM in a
multi-user situation as well as other software packages.  If a software
package uses 50MB of RAM for the first user, it should not (for a good
LTSP experience) use another 50MB for the second user.  It should use
maybe 5MB for the second user, and 5MB for each additional user, while
"sharing" 45MB of information from the first user.

I realize that's not really what you were asking about, but I think it's
pretty important if you are targeting LTSP users.

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.