[K12OSN] OT - Question about Freenx

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Dec 20 14:37:51 UTC 2008

Joseph,

After I posted last I seen in your original post.(I obviously didn't
have enough coffee at this point):-) "sshd listening on port 777". Have
you changed sshd from the default of port 22 to 777?
If so you have to make changes to your /etc/nxserver/node.conf file to
reflect this at,SSHD_PORT=###. (there is an node.conf.sample file
at /etc/nxserver). If you have changed your sshd.conf file to port
777,why don't you switch back temporarily to the default port 22,
restart sshd 'service sshd restart' and try and connect with nx and see
if you get a successful login now.  If you are successful this way then
start modding your sshd.conf and your node.conf files.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna