[K12OSN] lbussd CPU usage?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Thu Jan 10 16:42:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Jim McQuillan wrote:
> lbussd uses port 9202.  I'd try running tcpdump and watch that
> port, to see if there's some traffic.  It would be perfectly normal
> to see some packets when you plug a device into the client, or when
> you access data on a floppy or cdrom.  Other than that, there
> shouldn't be any traffic at all.

I'm not seeing any traffic on port 9202 using:

tcpdump -i eth0 port 9202

I tried specifying a terminal, but when nothing showed up, I tried
leaving that out, to "sniff" for any port 9202 traffic.  I get
nothing after a few minutes of listening.  I still have a 5-6% CPU
usage on TONS of lbussd processes though.

UPDATE: I just had a couple packets show up, but nothing that looks
abnormal.  I can send the results if you like, but it's just 3 packets.

On my second server (not as slow, but still not "normal"), I have
about half a dozen lbussd processes, all using between 15-25% CPU.
The servers are running K12LTSP 6.0, and are configured similarly.
Perhaps I've configured something poorly...