[K12OSN] Firefox Default Home Page

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Fri Jan 25 18:16:18 UTC 2008

I think you could lock down the epiphany web browser using gconf-editor.  As root run gconf-editor and go to /apps/epiphany/general.  There is a "homepage" key in the right panel.  Edit that to be the page that you want, then right-click that key and choose "set as mandatory".  That should do it.  Then if you want you can remove firefox or change the permissions so that students can't run it.

-Rob