Re: [K12OSN] teaching kids sys admin with VM's

Rob Owens wrote:

I guess I was assuming this would be a separate box, firewalled from the LTSP network. You could then set up multiple bridges on a single physical network interface on the VM server. Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology there. I've got 6 "tap" interfaces working off of a single physical interface on my VM server. tap0, tap1, etc.

I don't think it works that way in vmware. If you configure a physical interface as bridged on the host, any number of guest instances can use it, with each needing an address on the same subnet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com