Re: [K12OSN] New Server Capacity Thoughts.

James P. Kinney III wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 01:47 -0700, Jamie Lists wrote:

You were talking about not mirroring swap and tmp. But if you setup 2
drives in a raid 1 isn't everything mirrored automatically?

Only if you set it up that way. I don't use hardware raid because I
can't control how the drives will be put to use. Hardware raid will use
the entire drive.
Can you clarify "can't control how the drives will be put to use"?  I use hardware RAID all the time, and I can control exactly how my drives will be used.

--TP