Re: [K12OSN] VNC Problem Solved

Jeremy Schubert wrote:

If the problem will be solved you have to follow these simple steps:
step 1:
open the iptables config
vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
Step 2:
Insert this Line:
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5901 -j
ACCEPT
Step 3:
enable iptables again
service iptables restart

It's even easier if you use the GUI (system-config-securitylevel or use the menu option).

But now I have two vnc servers installed. Since one came built into ltsp
and the other (freenx) didn't configure for me properly (following
instructions at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX which failed at
PasswordAuthentication no
       AllowUsers nx)
yum install nx freenx libXcomposite was the install command. Can I replace
install with uninstall?

FreeNX is not a VNC server. Both provide remote GUI access though. See 'yum --help', the command is remove, not uninstall.

Nils Breunese.