[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0EL: How to install 147 update packages (solution)
willems.leo at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 15:36:27 UTC 2008
after a recent fresh installation of K12LTSP 5.0EL the system had 147
update packages to install.
First I try to let them all update at once. But even overnight the
Then I chosse on a random base some packages to install.
The updater run into a
Update install error
[('file /usr/sbin/sysreport conflicts between attempted installs of
sos-1.7-9.2.el5 and sysreport-1.4.3-13.el5', (6,
'/usr/sbin/sysreport', 0L)), ('file /usr/share/sysreport/functions
conflicts between attempted installs of sos-1.7-9.2.el5 and
sysreport-1.4.3-13.el5', (6, '/usr/share/sysreport/functions', 0L))]
Solution: 'divide and conquer'
1. I selected the packages in smaller ranges, selected by the first
letter of the package, e.g. all packages from 'a to b'.
2. All packages could be installed error free till 'q'.
3. The error occurs inthe range 'r to s'
4. I selected the rest in steps 't to y', ... 'sa to st' ... 'systemtap'
5. Finally all 147 packages could be installed with out error.
More information about the K12OSN