Re: [K12OSN] Do we need to spread the message?

ahodson elp rr com wrote:
Hi list members

I find myself having to write more and more letters to software makers that are not addressing the growing need for Linux/Java portals for their web-based software... Am I alone here?

You are not alone. I've written a few myself. Usually, I'm told--somewhat politely--to go jump in the river. So, I simply avoid that product. That's one big reason why I'm celebrating that my employer no longer uses BMC's "Magic" trouble-ticket system (IE-only). We switched to something that is Firefox-friendly. Even Cisco is starting, slowly, to see the light.

Actually, most things that need to be done can also be done with cross-platform JavaScript. This would eliminate the need for a Java VM in the first place.

--TP