Re: [K12OSN] Virtualized Windows on K12LTSP

Conrad Lawes wrote:

All the VMMs you mentioned are capable of running Windows XP. You can't go wrong with vmware, though. Its well proven and well supported. Virtualbox is also a suitable solution though host network bridging requires a little bit of elbow grease. QEMU, IMHO, is still a work in progress. Not sure how well Xen supports Windows but I've read that it works.

VMware Server worked well when I tested it in the past, but Xen is open source and doesn't need any work when a new kernel is released AFAIK, because the Xen packages are updated along with it. I think I remember VMware needs to build a kernel module against your current kernel and even though that is not a horrible thing I'd like to keep management overhead as low as possible. I think I'll go and see how far I can get using virt-manager (http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/).

Nils Breunese.