[K12OSN] K12OSN a bit OT - how to make responses on the same interface request came in

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Thu Oct 30 17:34:55 UTC 2008

Terrell,
	Thank you for the speedy response. I see that I made my usual
mess when asking a simple question, so I'll try to to clean it up:

server A: eth1 routable public address 74.x.x.x, frac T1,
	eth2 cable non-routable address 192.168.x.x, fast, default route
	openvpn run as server and client
server B: eth1 cable, non routable 10.10.x.x
	openvpn run as client only
server C: eth1 routable public address 65.x.x.x
	openvpn run as server and client
server D: eth1 routable public address 216.x.x.x
	openvpn run as server

server A connects as openvpn client to server D using default route and
to server C on 65.x.x.x using eth2 by the way of a simple ip route add command.

server B connects as openvpn client to server C on 65.x.x.x

server B needs to connect as openvpn client to server A on 74.x.x.x, this
fails because on server A the UDP packets come on eth2, but responses go
on eth1. The address of server B is private (ISP provided) and changes
dynamically.

	What do I do to make server B connect to server A using openvpn?

I hope that is clearer. Btw, your answer is spot on for the question I
asked instead of the question I meant to ask.

julius