[K12OSN] How to upgrade Firefox?

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

 I am running ltsp on fedora core 6 (k12LTSP) but the browse is
version 1something. I need to upgrade to 2 as some sites no longer
work. I followed the instructions here:
http://note19.com/2007/05/19/how-to-update-to-firefox-2-on-fedora-6/
and yum was successful but now when I start firefox nothing at all
happens. Literally nothing. Neither command like or icon work. It just
accepts the command or double-click and just returns me to the screen
or command prompt.

what should I do?

 Thank you.
 Joseph