[K12OSN] fl_teachertool 0.62 problem

We've been running K12LTSP v7 for a while on some of our computers.

Recently, I installed the newer 0.62 version of fl_teachertool as our computer skills teacher wanted to use the broadcast feature.

The manual installation process seemed to go okay (made me really appreciate being able to just yum install something).  All functions seem to work okay except for broadcast.

When the teacher clicks the Broadcast button and the VNC window appears, instead of seeing the normal login prompt, the window just stays completely black.  When I checked the system messages log, it said that gdmgreeter was having a segfault right after the vnc viewer started, and right after the segfault the vnc viewer shut down.

Also, when I try "teachertool-vncviewer localhost:1" the VNC window appears, then quickly disappears.  Usually with a message saying something like "connection reset by peer".

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try in order to get the fl_teachertool broadcast feature working?

Thanks!

--
David Whitmer - thewhitmers gmail com
Director of Media & Technology