[K12OSN] Sugar on K12osn

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Thu Oct 16 14:56:04 UTC 2008

David Farning wrote:

> Which repository should we target? I was reading a thread about 'CentOS
> exactly tracks RHEL.  Therefore, we may see it in RHEL 6, thus CentOS 6,
> and thus K12Linux 6EL.' with regard to OO3 yesterday.  Does this apply?
> Or is there a more appropriate repository?

Yes, this is how CentOS works. CentOS is just a rebuild of RHEL source
packages with the branding removed.

I hear there are Fedora packages for Sugar now. A nice way to make Sugar
available to CentOS/RHEL, and thus K12LTSP EL, would be to make those
packages available in the EPEL repository which provides Fedora packages
to RHEL/CentOS 4 and 5: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

Nils Breunese.