[K12OSN] How to change X-terminales networks

Rob Owens rob.owens at biochemfluidics.com
Wed Oct 22 14:38:43 UTC 2008

Sudev Barar wrote:
> 2008/10/22 Arturo Limón <arturo at susetic.com>:
>> I was thinking about doing right what Rob says: scripts using sed to change
>> all the involved configuration files (quite some of them). I am not an
>> expert in bash scripting, but I have some experience about it, so probably
>> is the easiest solution. I'd like to do some kind of "graphic script", but I
>> am completely new at that.
>>

> Hey why not create a list of files that carry the network address
> scheme and then run the script on this list as input?
>
> To my mind list would be (this will vary slightly from distro to distro)
>
> /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd3.conf
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
> /etc/exports
> /etc/hosts
> ..
> ..

Here's what I've come up with so far on my K12LTSP 5.0EL system:

/etc/dhcpd.conf
/etc/exports
/etc/ntp.conf
/etc/printcap (possibly /etc/cups, too)
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

By the way, my script doesn't work because 'ls' doesn't provide the path
to the file, causing the grep statement to fail (file not found).  I got
the above list by running the following command and then manually
eliminating duplicate entries.

grep -s -R $OLDIP $SEARCHDIR/* >> IPfilelist.txt

I used 192.168 as $OLDIP.  I ran this twice with 2 different values for
$SEARCHDIR:  /etc and /opt

-Rob

incomplete, or contain viruses.
version.