[K12OSN] transparent proxy setup

I've got k12ltsp running using centos  (5.0.0EL -64)

All works fine, except, when I try to run dansquardian with squid as a transparent proxy. I used IPtables to redirect request to go thru squid to dansguardian then out to the net.

I followed these instructions.  http://www.linux.com/articles/113733

The problem seems to be that iptables is bocking either the dhcp or the tftp during the workstation boot up. When I stop the iptable service on the server, the workstations boot right up. But, of course this leave me with no transparent proxying, no danguardian.

I googled around a bit, These are my  questions at the moment.

Seems, like I need to set up a separate box to function as the transparent proxy server with squid? Is this true?

If so, how would I point the ltsp server and the workstatons to this separate box.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Scott