[K12OSN] LTSP Lab Slow to Boot

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 16:02:09 UTC 2008

I was wrong. They're nVidia onboard NICs.

Here are the specs:

Tyan S2927 Thunder n3600B board
"Two nForce Pro 3600 integrated MAC with two Marvell 88E1116 single
port Gigabit Ethernet PHY"

The error we were getting was:

[38050.090000] eth0: too many iterations (21) in nv_nic_irq.
[38193.060000] eth0: too many iterations (21) in nv_nic_irq.

Again, this only happened with the 32-bit server kernel. 32-bit
desktop and 64-bit seemed fine.

Todd