Re: [K12OSN] Troublesome/Annoying Dialog for 500 students at logon...

Yes, I thought so too,,,  Everyone can log on and do all of their work, though.

I rebuilt the group shadow and password files in etc- no userids messed up I'm pretty sure

then synced the home back

rsync -a -p -g /drivehdb3/home /

then ran a script :
d in * ; do chown -Rv $d:$d $d ; done
to chown all of the folders back to their own perms.

I'll re-run this after school before I go home for the weekend.

Thanks for any more ideas.

Jim