Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web access for non-terminal clients

Yes, the dhcpd config file you want to make any modifications to is dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf, not /etc/dhcpd.conf. Likewise, I recall a few years ago someone on the list observing that if one is going to use Webmin, one should only use Webmin, as switching back and forth between that and manually editing files caused problems.

Peter

David D. Nelson wrote:
Sorry Rob. The first reply only went to you not the list. Here is another try.

Ok, I checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and it has a 1 in it. I looked at /etc/dhcpd.conf and all it has in it is:

#
# DHCP Server Configuration file.
# see /usr/share/doc/dhcp*/dhcpd.conf.sample #

When I added the option routers x.x.x.x line in it and I did a service dhcpd restart, dhcpd failed to start. I reverted to the original dhcpd.conf file and tried again and still got a failure on start. I see that there is a dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf file. Is this the one that is actually used? It seems like I remember older versions of K12LTSP had a line in dhcpd.conf pointing to dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Maybe my looking around with Webmin messed things up. I didn't see any error messages in /var/log/messages so I'm at a loss here. I'd rather not have to start over again.

David D. Nelson
nelsda yahoo com

http://www.evalbum.com/1328