[K12OSN] Important: Regarding disabling ltspbr0

On 04/27/2009 11:29 AM, David Hopkins wrote:
This is my weekend update on what I did and found.

First, I deleted the ltspbr0 bridge (brctl delbr ltspbr0 ).  I then
reconfigured the formerly slaved eth1 to have the correct IP/subnet
info.  After a quick reboot (tftp didn't want to work and I couldn't
figure out which service to restart, xinetd wasn't it), all the
terminals booted.

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/AdvancedNetworkSetup
I have wrote down the official procedure for disabling ltspbr0 here. Be warned that deleting ifcfg-ltspbr0 alone will cause you problems, because it will come back the next time you upgrade the ltsp-server package.

At the moment I have not witnessed or seen hard numbers supporting the claim that getting rid of the bridge actually helps throughput. Could somebody please support this with real numbers?

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com