Re: [K12OSN] Very frustrating!

There's nothing wrong with those "old" thin clients.  I use LTSP 4.x as well with K12LTSP 5.0EL., and it works great for me.  And yep, one of my clients is a Pentium-MMX 166 with an S3 Trio64+ video card.

As for that printer, sure, I can believe it stopped working.  This "hang the printer off the thin client" bit is a hack.  Seriously, just pick up a cheapie print server for that printer, have the K12LTSP server itself talk to it (via the network), and be done with it.  You're spending way too much time on this.

--TP
_______________________________
Do you GNU?

Joseph Bishay wrote:
It is getting the same IP as before -- I checked it by running
ifconfig on the thin client shell.

It seems there are so many small issues here and there that on IRC it
was strongly recommended that I upgrade to K12Linux, which uses LTSP
5.x as LTSP 4.x is far too old.

Just looking into that now.  One of them problems of doing that is
none of our thin clients now will work with it as they are too old --
Pentium 1 with 1 or 2 mb video cards (S3 trio).

Hopefully the positives outway the negatives.

Joseph