[K12OSN] OT: Apple Imac lab

Ok, I have been asked to determine if it makes sense to acquire a lab
of Apple Imac ( www.apple.com/imac/specs ) and then PXE boot them when
they are not being used for video/audio processing classes. I know I
could configure them to mount home directories for users but that is
not what I'm being asked about.  I'd prefer to stay with thin clients
except as far as I know there aren't any simple, easy-to-use
video/audio editing packages that 'just work' on thin clients. This is
for grades 5-8.  Perhaps the ability to run local apps with K12Linux
solves this?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins