Re: [K12OSN] OT: Apple Imac lab

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com> wrote:

> I think the estimated cost is almost $40K for this lab.  I"m not keen
> on it, but I was asked about it.  If someone can show me a way to do
> movie editing, sound editing, etc with OSS and local apps using the
> latest k12Linux, I would be ecstatic.

You will be in luck, David.  Your new Mac hardware is Intel based, and
you ought to find success with the latest K12Linux.  At the very
least, you will find some enthusiastic debugging support until it gets
there.

KDENLIVE , http://www.kdenlive.org/  is something you might want to
look at for movie editing.

Also, Open Movie Editor, http://www.openmovieeditor.org/

It's hard to do better than the Mac's movie editing offerings, but
these are both pretty and friendly applications.  I imagine that
others on this list have had success with something else.

Depending on what kind of sound editing you want to do, you will
probably find better applications that do more in the Fedora/K12Linux
project than you will with the Mac alone.  What kind of sound editing
do you want to perform?

--scott