What has happened to [K12OSN] K12Linux

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 03:57:31 UTC 2009

Luis Montes wrote:

> The only thing in k12linux that I don't see as an improvement to K12ltsp
> is the use of a network bridge to keep the DHCP server off the physical
> network. It's intention is to protect us from ourselves, which is nice,
> but I did have trouble removing it and passing traffic through eth0.
> I'm really hoping that using a network bridge is NOT the default for the
> next version.

It will forever be the default.

Though what exactly is it making difficult for you?  Please explain?

And if you so choose, is not difficult to reconfigure everything to
serve through a real ethX interface instead of the bridge.  Doing this
manually is no less difficult than it was with K12LTSP.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com