Re: [K12OSN] server crashing

Steve,

Knowing that the one ( Fujitsu) drive came back with a bit wonky,
results. I would install Webmin on this server. Then go to the
'hardware' category, and select the drives one at a time and see what
the smartdrive report is on each of your drives. This gives very human
readable *detailed* results if you have never used this. It's been so
long since I have done the command line voodoo of smartdrive I don't
even remember what the results should look like:-). It might reveal
something definative for you.
Another sidenote. Some of the Fujitsu drives was able to be jumpered to
15 heads per sector( versus the standard 16/sector).Don't even know what
the advantage of this was suppose to be? Wonder if this could be a
bottleneck?.

Barry