[K12OSN] K12LTSP Chrooted Environment Misunderstanding

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Jul 1 21:35:13 UTC 2009

What Todd wrote is correct.  In K12LTSP, access to the chroot environment on the
client is via Ctrl-Alt-F1, but must first be enabled in the lst.conf file via
the 'SCREEN02 = shell' parameter.  In the lts.conf file there is a parameter
listed for enabling support for local apps, but it doesn't really work.  It was
put there at the time more as a place holder for the future.  The reason LTSP
4.2, on which K12LTSP was based, doesn't have a full chrooted environment is
that the idea hadn't yet come to full fruition at the time.  If you need local
apps, use K12Linux/LTSP5.

Peter