Re: [K12OSN] Local i386 apps on an X86_64 server?

Dan Young wrote:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:57 AM, C. Duncan Hudson<ltsp dunc-it com> wrote:
I have LTSP 5 installed on an existing Fedora 10 server - the server is an
X86_64 machine, and the clients are all i386.  Everything is working fine,
but I'd like to run local apps, but I'm having no luck.  I've rebuilt the
image, chrooted into /opt/ltsp/i386.  But when I try to yum install just
about anything I get conflicts between the installed x86_64 packages and the
corresponding i386 packages.  Is there an easy way to get around this?

Did you "setarch i386" when you chroot into /opt/ltsp/i386? I.e.:

setarch i386 chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
yum install foo
No, I didn't realize that I had to do that - thanks.  So now, after
doing the setarch, I no longer get the complaining about the 64 bit
packages.  But I also find no packages are available.  Is this simply a
matter of adding the 386 repository to my yum.repos.d directory?  Thanks
again,

Duncan