[K12OSN] FOSS desktop apps recommended for teaching middle school

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 02:17:56 UTC 2009

hi,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Steven James Drinnan <steven at sjdsoft.hk>wrote:

> On another note, are you interested in school management software.

No, sadly, not for now.  For now, all those functions are being performed on
Microsoft Windows.  It is our goal to move this school entirely to FOSS, but
we are volunteers, and progress at this school moves very slowly.  We have a
Xubuntu lab and several standalone FOSS boxes, but that is it.

> I am in the process of developing a school management database and I am
> looking for testers.

Yeah, no, sorry.  I will be interested in following the progress of this
initiative, but I am not going to be able to help you with testing at this
juncture.  :-/