Re: [K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Trey Hunsucker wrote:

I am new to k12linux. I wanted to know the correct dhcp options to put into my windows server 2003 dhcp server.

I have disabled dhcp on the k12linux box.

I can get the thin client to boot up to the fedora k12linux login screen but then it fails to connect to login.

I am sure it has something to do with the dhcp options i put in my 2003 dhcp server.

Normally you don't need to modify any existing DHCP server configuration, as the default setup is to connect your thin clients to the LTSP server, which provides DHCP for the thin clients, but not for the rest of the network. If you already have a Windows server running DHCP the setup might look something like this:

[internet] -> [windows 2003 server] (dhcp) -> [ltsp server] (dhcp) -> thin clients

What is your setup like?

Nils Breunese.