[K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 19:15:35 UTC 2009

Trey Hunsucker wrote:

> The NIC for the windows dhcp server, and both nics for the k12linux box
> plugged into the same switch.

You might as well configure it for 1-nic operation.

> I understand that by default the k12linux setup is designed to have NIC
> 1 pull dhcp and then NIC 2 to be the ltsp server but that requires a
> k12linux for each lab/room where they will be at unless you VLAN each
> port that will be used for ltsp.

You can use a single NIC and network, but you need to pick a single DHCP
server for the network and configure it to give out all the options you
need.  Either the windows server can be configured to do that (and other
clients will ignore the other options) or the k12 server can be
configured to be the only DHCP server you use.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com