[K12OSN] newbee: PXE E11 Arp Timeout

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Wed May 13 03:17:20 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I just setup my first k12linux testing system using the Live CD version burned onto a USB stick. when I try to connect a client to
the server, I see that I do get assigned and ip in the correct dhcp range, but then get this message a couple of times:

PXE E11 ARP Timeout
tftp

Then after the arp timeout errors and the tftp notice, the client monitor just sits there with a blank screen.

For my client, I am using a Dell Latitude 600 laptop with a 3Com minipc nic.

Any ideas what the problem(s) might be?

Also, anyone know why the version of fedora used in the Live CD does not have netfilter modules built into the kernel?

Thanks,
Murrah Boswell