Re: [K12OSN] Setting up VNC remote support

Open Office, Firefox, Java, Opera 9.27 (for a crappy legacy webside that only works in IE and that version of Opera), rdesktop (with printer redirection)...and I think that's about it.  We have a couple of computers in both of our inpatient units that are set up for family members to use.  I'll likely set up a whole range of games for the kids.

I'm busy setting up K12LTSP to test fl_teachertool.  It looks exactly like what we are looking for.  I'm also very intrigued with iTALC (http://en.opensuse.org/Italc).  I'm setting up another test station with opensuse to play around with it since that package appears to be in their repository and fairly easy to set up.  If I like it I'm going to try and set that up on K12Linux.

I have about another month before I'm testing this out in production in a couple of our agencies.  Maybe Robert will have a beta version of fl_teachertool ready to go by then and I can help give him some feedback.

Thanks again for the great feedback.  I was at a dead end and you folks helped point me in the right direction.