Re: [K12OSN] Setting up VNC remote support

btw, put a freenx server on your LTSP servers if you haven't already.
It's brilliant to come in from a remote location with FreeNX, running
fl_teachertool and getting a user up and running before they've even
finished their call to you.

Just want to second the recommendation for installing FreeNX and then connecting remotely.  I have started using this approach to connect via a VPN to monitor all the systems. It is quite responsive and there isn't anything I've found that I can't do.  Coupled with fl_teachertool which is simple to launch on a remote system via ssh as well, I can monitor/assist users without issues.  Just be sure to make certain it is secure by replacing the defaullt ssh keys for instance.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins