[K12OSN] cable connection - direct to server

Almquist Burke burke at thealmquists.net
Sun Apr 4 00:20:17 UTC 2010

Around here, the cable companies make you register the mac address of
whatever you connect to the modem to your account. Usually if you
plug in a device to a modem that is unregistered, you get a 10.* IP
address and any attempt to connect to the internet gets you a
registration page.

You might also try disabling IPv6 too, at least on that interface.
I've seen ISP's have strange trouble with stuff like this when you
have IPv6 on.