[K12OSN] Correct way to prevent screen from going to sleep

I am trying to get the monitors attached to my LTSP clients to stay on
even when there is no mouse/keyboard connected.

I had been using:

    CONFIGURE_X = True
    X_MONITOR_OPTION_01 = "\"DPMS\" \"false\""

in my lts.conf, and while that works with KDE it does not seem to work
with XFCE.  I also tried disabling the power saving settings in XFCE and
that didn't work either.  Any other ideas?