[K12OSN] Local apps question

Hello,

I hope everyone is well.

I am interested in setting up local apps on Edubuntu.  I understand
that when I activate the local apps option, one thing I must do is set
up the server so it transmits the Internet through to the thin clients
(I am running a two-NIC server setup).

My question is, if someone unplugs the thin client network cable from
the wall, and plugs in their own laptop, will then then be given an IP
address by the server and given Internet/network access? If so, is
there a way to stop this?

Thank you
Joseph