[K12OSN] Any New K12LTSP deployments

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 07:22:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Jeff Siddall <news at siddall.name> wrote:
> Now, if someone would build a stable 6EL based LTSP5!

I know people who are waiting for K12Linux 6EL to deploy in Sept 2011.
My gut feeling is this project, in it's current state, no longer has
the man power to support a new release every 6 months to keep in step
with Fedora.

However, I think there are *many* who are desperately waiting for a
version based on CentOS6 (RHEL6) with local app support.

CentOS6 should be released within the next month. That leaves around
6 months to get a stable K12Linux 6EL  release out. Considering
CentOS6 is largely based on FC12 (which already has a stable K12Linux
release) I think it should be possible. The big question is who would
build it and be the maintainers?

--
Robert Arkiletian