[K12OSN] $500 Matching Challenge from Red Hat for New Donors Only

On 6/7/2011 12:01 PM, aahodson wrote:
Without meaning to "preach to the choir" I am somewhat disturbed by the
low number of folks willing to donate Warren some money. When I first
read about his proposal, I though we had landed the bargain of the
century, and immediately donated perhaps more than I could honestly
afford. His knowledge and plain approach to solving our issues was more
than worth my contribution. I am lucky in that I have a steady job, but
in a few weeks I am retiring and will perhaps not benefit too much
directly from his fixes. But, for those that will, and in addition
support the idea of Free Software, what are you waiting for? Skip a week
of latte or beers and actually send the money.
You may have recently read that lawyers are already trying to do away
with Open Source - one way to stop the corporate greed they represent is
by supporting folks like Warren that can help us expand the user base to
where it may become impossible to reverse the trend... Are we as a group
somewhat idealistic? I hope so - it would be a shame to have a project
with this potential go to waste...

Alan and the other donors, thank you for your supportive words and generous personal contribution.

Warren Togami
warren togami com