[K12OSN] Fresh Install on Dell PowerEdge T110

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Mar 20 14:15:34 UTC 2011

Howdy Alan,

Below is an nbd swap entry to place in the server's lts.conf file for A
TC. I never tried to add this globally. I would think if you done this
same thing in the global section of lts.conf you could get this loaded
onto ALL TC's?
Of course doing the routine listed in the lts.conf file you will need to
make a matching workstation ip address entry in the k12ltsp-dhcpd.conf
file to match up with this.

When the TC boots up you will of course see about 7-8 lines of NBD SWAP
being loaded.I think default size is 1024? Reason I say this if you do
NOT see a few lines relating to NBD SWAP you have a typo in the
lts.conf. Voice of experience talking once again,,,,:-)

After having read your post I tried that very distro you are using,
( not the 64 bit though) at one school building and all of the tc's i
tested booted very slowly. Probably about the same time amount as you
mentioned for booting to a login box. The show stopper was our TC's were
unusable as well. I had to ditch that setup and go back to Centos 5.x
ltsp.
My VERY unscientific 'guess' was something to do with the out of the box
nic bridging setup. Maybe the packet sizes being used at image loading
time? They call me Mr. Foobar in these here parts. I wonder why?

Try that batch install via Webmin on to a temporary install on a dummy
machine and see if it works so in the future you don't have to do all
the grunt work of being Mr. Manual Labor,,,,doing the users install by
hand,,,:)

 EX:

#Ebox2300 WDLSystems
[ws008]