[K12OSN] Thoughts on paperless school

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat May 7 15:28:54 UTC 2011

On 5/7/11 6:59 AM, Barry R Cisna wrote:

> My take is if paperless is 'forced' on everyone within the school
> building/district people WILL learn to do it,and in time realize its
> much cleaner simpler,quicker way of doing what the papered setup 'used'
> to do.

Nobody likes having things forced on them, and the computer provides the
interactivity to let everyone make their own choice.  Have an 'opt-in' page
where people individually can choose to go paperless (like your banks do...).
And email something to parents that they must acknowledge if they want their
notifications to come that way instead of paper.  That way you at least know
someone is receiving the email.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com