[K12OSN] Configuring DevonIT TC-2c

Jeffrey Williams cfiaime at cfiaime.com
Fri May 27 16:09:34 UTC 2011

Greetings,

According to some older (2009?) LTSP posts, the system has difficulty auto-detecting the VIA chipset, thus defaulting to the slower VESA video driver.  This will not be a problem until we start working with Blender some time late this year.  But seeing I don't have students yet, I want to get this resolved.

According to the documentation, I should be able to put XSERVER = via into the lts.conf file, but when I do that the terminal hangs for hours -- how long, I don't know because I get impatient letting it sit more than overnight.

I also can't seem to find the X log files for the thin client, which might help in trouble shooting.

jeff williams - cfiaime at cfiaime.com