Re: [K12OSN] Webpage tanking TC

Chrome's javascript engine is twice as fast as Firefox's. You might want to give it a go. It also seems pretty good at killing tabs with rogue javascript running in them.

Barry R Cisna wrote:
Hello All,

I have asked this question a few  times before, but am still puzzled,,in
what web pages that have lots of javasrcipt built into them completely
tanks a TC's performance,when even Youtube videos can be run fine,on the
same TC.

Example:
Using Craigslist which is all simple text,,,but when viewing page source
it is loaded with   ,,, text/javascript ,,,entries.
When trying to view Craigslist from an Ebox 2300( which I know is
minimal),,,but views Youtube videos fine,the scrolling is totally
uncontrollable.

As I stated before,I think, Since using the initial k12ltsp distro,which
I think shipped with firefox 0.97,,or something along those lines until
current the slowness has always been there.

I only use rpm version of what is available and don't like to build from
source,(on production servers,anyway),to try and keep maintenance
somewhat manageable.

Also many of message boards that use the UltraBB (and a couple
others,,cant think now) format/product really hangs TC's as well,I have
found?

Anyone figured a really doable workaround for javascript hangs like
this?

Take Care,
Barry