[K12OSN] Problems loading Kernel on new install

Steve skerr at rx30.com
Thu Oct 27 14:22:27 UTC 2011

So as I mentioned, I see my laptop hardware being detected, scsi, ata,
sr0,sd, etc.
I dont see any nic, should I ?

I also used some dracut nfs syntax in pxelinux.cfg/default to try to
point it to the chroot
root=172.31.100.254:/opt/ltsp/i386,ro

dracut warning on client No root device "nfs" found

at dracut#  I ran ip addr show
and I get 1: lo: .....
only the loopback , no other interface. I tried /sbin/ifup/etho   but
not found

Is it possible I dont have the correct drivers in the ramdisk for 2 diff
generations of jammins and
the dell inspiron, or am I barking up the wrong tree ??