[K12OSN] Web browser stability

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Oct 30 12:07:39 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I have asked this question a few times before,,and always end up getting
suggestions as to 'what you need' type thing. Never get a definitive
answer ,though:(

Does anyone on the list here have ANY TC's that will run any web
browser,,any build,,any spin,,etc,,etc., that will never blow shut from
time to time?
With our current setup,,the web browser going shut/dying is very very
seldom,,but in the course of a month the web browser will simply close
on any given website. What I have found personally just doing a
'mouseover' is what usually kills the web browser. Never have figured
out why that is.

Just to get the 'your need more memory' , in the TC' suggestion,,I have
tried a fairly recent box booting pxe with 2 GB of ram installed and it
will in time blow the web browser shut.
Been using K12ltsp since it's inception and this has happened on every
iteration,,,since then,unfortunately.

So,,,does anyone have a TC combo that web browser is 100% stable?
I'd like to hear what it is?

Take Care,
Barry