[K12OSN] Problems loading Kernel on new install

Steve skerr at rx30.com
Thu Oct 20 17:43:59 UTC 2011

Hi All,
Im trying to setup LTSP using the InstallGuide and running into
difficulties.
I installed a fresh copy of CentOS 6 on a Dell precision T3400 in a
mixed network environment
with my dhcp server using port 1067.
I cant get into the TC console at the moment for exact specs, but its a
"red faced" jammin from disklessworkstations
, manufactured june 2009, flashed to work over 1067. It works with my
older versions of ltsp on centos 5.4.

I , think, followed the directions on the wiki carefully, didnt run into
any problems or receive any error messages.
When the TC is booting it appears to be detected as etherboot-5.4 and
attempts to load the elf.ltsp kernel.
In messages, on the server, i see
DHCPDISCOVER
DHCPOFFER
DHCPREQUEST
DHCPACK

all with sane values, dhcp looks ok
the last line is
xinetd : START tftpd pid="pidnumber" from ="ipaddy"

on the TC , it shows the dhcp negotion and the last line is:

there it stops. No further output on TC or client.

I also tried forcing  the wraplinux and pxe.0 kernels, which seem to get
further. I get the scrolling bar at the bottom that
says scientific linux 6.1 on the bottom right, but ultimately results in
dracut error messages and  a kernel panic.

I hoping I missed something simple. Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
Steve