Re: [K12OSN] Local Apps and Firefox 6

I have abandoned local apps. I got them working, but flash was slower when running locally than it was when running on the server. Adobe says you need 512M to run flash 10, and my clients have only 256M. Then there were several other plugins (to run quicktime for example) that had not yet been installed as local apps, so I threw in the towel there. Back to running everything on the server.

As per advice received here, I reconfigured my managed switch to reduce the timeout values in the Spanning Tree. Once that was done, the clients were able to boot through the switch, so it is now sitting between my TS & TC's. Nice.

And now that I have a gigabit pipe to the server, flash performance running on the server is acceptable. I'll find out tomorrow if there are any other gotcha's.